Many of us are currently yelling in frustration as the world media continues to ignore facts when discussing Israel.
Right now the level of sheer hatred against the Jewish nation is frightening. Yet the basic, objective truth remains: Israel has behaved no differently than any other country would in the same situation.
For those of you who are keen to remind people of the facts, and to redress the bias perpetrated in much of the media, here are some great bullet points and also media links courtesy of Neil Lazarus:
Please Upload the following videos and pictures to YouTube.com, Facebook.com
- British naval and counter-terrorism expert Peter Cook on the #flotilla: Israelis with paintball guns were lynched, take a look and. (Channel 4 – UK):
- Footage from the Gaza Flotilla – How Violence Breaks Out:
- Flotilla Passengers Fire Live Ammunition at IDF Soldiers:
- The Turkish boat activists meant violence – watch how they use hoses, stun grenades and metal rods against the Israelis – remember, 5 of the 6 boats docked peacefully – those on the 6th were aggressive:
- “Daniel in the Lions Den”: Violence of Flotilla activist supporters in LA:
And here are some vital facts:
Reproduced from: Standwithus.com
- Israel transfers about 15,000 tons of supplies and humanitarian aid every week to the people of Gaza.
- Lawyers representing the family of Gilad Shalit, the kidnapped Israeli soldier held in isolation, had asked the protestors to take aid for him, they refused.
- Israel offered the ship to dock in Ashdod port and they would transfer the aid to Gaza. This offer was made again and again – they refused.
- Israel has said that it will deliver any humanitarian aid that was in the boats to Gaza, as it does daily.
- Israel left Gaza in hopes of peace in 2005 and in return received more than 10,000 rockets and terrorist attacks. Israel has sought peace and compromise with its neighbors for all of its 62 years and it will continue to do so.
- Israel maintains a maritime blockade to ensure that weapons are not brought in by Hamas to use in attacks against Israel.
- In the past, terrorist sympathizers have used aid deliveries to smuggle items like potassium nitrate in sugar sacks and used it to make bombs. Israel cannot afford to let goods get to Hamas unchecked.
- Five boats were boarded, the protestors complied and they were safely let to shore.
- One boat – the Mavi Marmara – did not comply. That is the boat where the violence took place.
- This was meant to provoke – it was funded and organized by a Turkish Islamist organization (IHH) that has links to fundamentalist jihadi groups. The ship was flying under the Turkish flag.
- Those on board carried out pre-planned violence, armed with knives and metal bars, each soldier being attacked by a mob of a dozen extremists. They threw one soldier off the top deck of the ship.
- The Israeli government maintains that allowing the illegal flotilla to reach Hamas would have opened a corridor of smuggling of weapons to Gaza and resulting in civilian deaths.
- Using the Arabic term ‘intifada,’ Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said “We call on all Arabs and Muslims to rise up in front of Zionist embassies across the whole world.
- As the flotilla made its way to meet him in Gaza, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said this week: “If the ships reach Gaza it is a victory; if they are intercepted, it will be a victory too”.
- Turkey permitted the Marmara to fly under its flag. Turkey knew that the IHH (Turkish Humanitarian Relief Foundation) had organized the Flotilla, and supports the genocidal terrorist organization Hamas, several Jihadist organizations in Bosina, Syria, Iraq, Libya, and elsewhere, and has ties with Al Qaeda.
- But Turkey did not prevent the Flotilla from disembarking and attacking Israel’s sovereign right to protect itself from terrorists attempting to enter Gaza.
- Now Turkey is condemning Israel for the unfortunate casualties, and is leading the charge to condemn Israel at the U.N. It is Turkey that should be condemned by the United Nations for its role in this brutal trap set for Israelis.
- Hamas is responsible for the suffering of both Palestinians and Israelis. Their racist charter calls for Islamic domination; their stance is unchanged and they repress any Palestinians that try and counter their regime.
- Any police force in the world would respond to aggression; the provocation is the reason for this regrettable outcome. No country would allow illegal entry of any vessel into their waters without a security check.
Please, help to get these FACTS out there!