Let’s clear this up, once and for all:
Criticising Israeli policy is not ‘anti semitism’.
Criticising/expressing dislike for Israeli politicians is not ‘anti semitism’.
Criticising Israel’s weather/restaurants/beaches/airline etc is not ‘anti semitism’.
Criticising various actions taken by Israel is not ‘anti semitism’.
Stating that Israel ‘has no right to exist’ IS anti semitism:
– by doing this, you are singling out the Jewish state, in a manner that is unfair, irrational, and arrogant.
Stating that ‘zionists’ are to blame for the problems in the Middle East IS anti semitism:
– you are placing the blame for the centuries-old problems squarely upon those who live in and support the right to exist of the Jewish state.
Applying a tougher moral standard to Israel than to her Arab neighbours, or indeed any other nation IS anti semitism:
– you are demanding things of Israel that you do not demand of any other nation.
MISrepresenting verifiable history about Israel IS anti semitism:
– you are spreading lies about the Jewish state.
So for example:
If you state: ‘Jews don’t have any right to be in Palestine’ – then that IS anti semitism:
– you are misrepresenting history, and ignoring the fact that Palestinian Jews have been living in the region for over 3000 years, non stop.
– you are denying the existence OF the Jewish state, by referring to it as ‘Palestine’.
– you are ignoring the fact that over 50% of Israelis are natives OF the Middle East, going back countless generations.
– you are willfully ignoring the fact that it was the Arab rejection of the two state plan that caused the 1948 war between Israel and the six Arab nations that attacked her.
– you are ignoring the fact that Israel was established in the exact same way as Jordan, and as numerous other nations.
– you are ignoring the fact that the very term ‘Palestinian’ originally referred TO Jews. The Palestinian Philharmonic Orchestra: totally Jewish.
The Palestinian Post newspaper: totally staffed by Jews – it went on to become today’s Jerusalem Post.
The Palestinian Brigade that fought WITH the allies AGAINST the Nazis: was 100% JEWISH.